Wow – it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Time sure flies! Things have been busy, but good (mostly). Updates:
- I’m super busy. I’m in an intense graduate program, and adjusting to its pace (and a long commute) took awhile. I finally feel like I have a handle on it, though I’m still swamped all the time!
- I thought I had kind of figured out work-life balance when I was at my last job, but it turns out that I will have to keep working on that one. I suppose a certain amount of it is the nature of the beast, but I have had to rely on Jeb like never before!
- My strength workouts have been going well. I hit some big PRs over the summer when I was getting good nutrition and sleep, but I backed off a bit once school started back up. I hit 225# on both my squat and deadlift!
- My running has not been going as well. It did at first – I was in a good routine and enjoying my workouts. But then, in early October, we lost our sweet Wendy. It was devastating to both of us and, since she was my running partner, I kind of lost all the enjoyment I normally found with our runs together. It seemed like every spot on every run holds some sort of memory after 3 years of running together, and I couldn’t seem to get through a workout without breaking down in tears. I significantly backed off the running after that, but I’m starting to get into it again.
- We have a new dog! Fiona is a Sato (and some kind of Shepherd mix), and so sweet! I’m hoping to get her out running with me this spring, though she is very timid so it will be slow and steady progress until she gets comfortable.
- I’m running the Nike Half in DC (in April!). I thought it would help me get on track with running. It did, and then I got a raging bronchitis for 6 weeks and lost all my training. Gulp.