My oh my! I was not feeling up to working out today. Here is a sampling of all the excuses that came to mind as I
procrastinated got ready for my run:
- Jeb got home from work really late (like 8 hours late – so at 8 a.m.), and I tried to wait up for him. I was exhausted.
- I’m getting some sort of head cold.
- I’ve been in a crazy homework loop for the last two days, which has pretty much sucked away my motivation for everything.
- I should probably clean the house or run errands or something…
- I was feeling kind of stiff.
But, I decided to go for it anyway. Here’s why:
- I have a race coming up, and with my injury setback, I don’t have a lot of time to mess around.
- A crappy run is better than no run, and getting my heart rate up could only help with my motivation and mood.
- I was actually supposed to do today’s run yesterday, but I decided to switch around my schedule because it was an unholy level of coldness here yesterday.
- Wendy looked at me with her big, brown eyes and I knew she could use a workout too.
- Housework and other chores can wait.
And, I am glad I went! I did a 3.3 mile loop, and had a nice long stretch when I got home. I’ve spent the rest of the day moving through my routines, but with a bit of satisfaction. Plus, I’m moving a bit better.
Tonight, I’m going to attempt to make Chicken Wellington for dinner, with this Creamed Spinach on the side. I haven’t been able to find a good recipe for the wellington, so I’m just going to wing it. The creamed spinach, though, is SO good. It tastes kind of like spinach dip (maybe because I use extra garlic?).
In other news, WHY are these jello worm things still all over Pinterest? I see this picture every.single.day.